As everybody is getting into the festive spirit – we thought we’d use the 12 Days of Christmas song as inspiration to look at 12 ways FE has helped Advisers this year. So why not grab a mince pie and scroll through our year in review...
Enhancing FE Analytics
- MiFID data pioneer: ‘MiFID II’ has been the topic du jour for 2018. FE’s ISO certified data collection process compiles and verifies MiFID data on over 95% of EMT share classes, investment trusts and ETFs – all readily available on FE Analytics. FE also provides MiFID II data to 14 UK platforms, covering 90,000 share classes.
- Ex Ante Costs and Charges Calculator: A big requirement under MiFID II is for Advisers to provide clients with an Ex Ante figure of all the costs & charges the client is likely to incur. To support Advisers with this, we have included an easy-to-use calculator on Analytics, that allows you to access MiFID II data and calculate the required pre-sale charges on your clients’ portfolios with ease.
These MiFID based enhancements have helped many of our clients save time as FE offers a single source of accurate & reliable data.
- The Reduction In Yield Calculator - Earlier this year, we launched another calculator that allows Advisers to compare critical yield and reduction in yield on any client portfolio(s) including pensions, bonds and ISAs. The Reduction in Yield calculator has been specifically built to help Advisers demonstrate the impact of charges on a client's portfolio across customised time periods, growth rates and charges.
The Reduction in Yield Calculator can be used to compare a variety of investment types including your own bespoke models or outsourced models that you access via FE Transmission.
- FE Transmission: Access to data from 35 model portfolio providers is now available on the FE Transmission directory. Advisers can request access to their providers via the Transmission directory and use the full functionality of FE Analytics on the models for in-depth research.
Full list of providers on FE Transmission: 8AM, Beaufort Financial, Bordier, Brewin Dolphin, Brooks Macdonald, Canaccord Genuity, Cazenove Capital, Charles Stanley, City Asset Management, db Wood, ebi, FE Invest, Hawksmoor, LGT Vestra, Liontrust, Marketstar, Momentum, Morningstar, Newscape Capital Group, OCM Asset Management, Old Mutual Wealth, Openwork, Parmenion, Quilter Cheviot, Rowan Dartington, Sanlam Four, Sarasin, Seven IM, Smith & Williamson, Standard Life, Tatton, Thesis, Tilney, WalkerCrips and Waverton
Enhancing the FE Invest proposition:
- Defaqto mapping: FE Invest, the Model Portfolio range from FE has now been given Defaqto risk ratings, ranging from risk level 2 up to risk level 8. The FE Invest Hybrid, Responsibly Managed and Income portfolio ranges are now available on Defaqto Engage and Centra to further help Advisers conduct objective research on our model portfolio solution.
- Thematic and property funds: The FE Invest Approved List, from which the FE Invest model portfolio range is built, has been expanded with the addition of 12 thematic funds covering seven sectors including financials, energy, commodities, consumer, technology, infrastructure and healthcare. The 12 thematic funds have been added to further diversify FE Invest’s Approved List of funds by providing exposure to macroeconomic trends.
- Zurich platform – This year saw the inclusion of the FE Invest Model Portfolios on the Zurich Intermediary platform to help more Advisers achieve favourable investment outcomes for their clients. The FE Invest models are not only risk targeted but also account for investment term, which allows for more flexible financial planning, particularly in retirement.
- Offering a robust investment solution to clients - So far this year, the FE Invest models have not only achieved what they set out do, in providing consistent risk management but have also outperformed some of the most widely-used mixed asset funds. With AUM surpassing the £1.5billion mark in just over 3 years since launch, FE Invest has been named the fastest growing DFM on platform*. Advisers are choosing us because of our unique approach to creating a complete Model Portfolio Service.
Supporting you in your journey with us
- Training roadshows: FE’s solutions are comprehensive and we want to ensure that all our clients are equipped with the knowledge to use our systems to their fullest which is why we have been conducting CPD certified training roadshows across the country. This year we went to Newcastle, York, Cardiff and Southampton. 2019 will see workshops at Royal Tunbridge Wells, Edinburgh, Warrington, Swindon/Cheltenham, Bury St Edmonds, Exeter, Belfast and London Register interest here >
- FE Invest Breakfast Briefings: A new series of events was launched this year to help Advisers further benefit from FE’s data and insights. Hosted by FE’s Head of Research Rob Gleeson, the events saw keynotes from renowned Times columnist Oliver Kamm and professional poker player Casper Berry covering subjects such as behavioural economics, cognitive biases in investment selection and risk management in retirement to name a few.
- Online tutorial webinars: Time is precious in the Adviser world. If you can’t make our events but still want to learn about our solutions – sign up to our bite size client webinars – you can either watch it live or save the recording for future use. Sign up here >
- Extending capabilities: We have great pleasure in announcing that FE is joining forces with fundinfo, a leading provider of services for asset managers in Europe and Asia, and F2C, the Luxembourg-based business behind fund management platform, publiFund. The three firms are uniting to form a single company which will have greater international data coverage, a broader range of market-leading products and services, and a continued focus on operational excellence and quality service. We look forward to unveiling our expanded range of capabilities in 2019 and will be in touch over the coming months to let you know our progress.